Fatworm is DBMS design and implementation course of ACM Honored Class, SJTU. The basic requirements of the course is to have students to design and implement a complete database system from scratch.
The name “fatworm” comes from the fact that usually the naive implementation of DBMS consists of large data(fat) and works slowly like a worm. But the requirement goes beyond the meaning of the name. All the students are required to support a subset of SQL language similar to MYSQL. Meanwhile query execution and optimization are encouraged as advanced topic.
All the students are required to support a subset of JDBC interface. And your system will be graded by an auto-grading system where the function and speed of the system will be judged by various test-cases. The major requirement of the course is the skill of Object Oriented Design and as well as coding and modeling.
- Final Presentation Detail is released.
- Code Review 2 Detail is released.
- ppt of lecture3 is uploaded: Lecture 3.1,Lecture 3.2
- Code Review Detail is released
- JDBC Taster deadline: 12:00 pm, Wednesday, 2nd April, 2014.
- ppt of lecture2 is uploaded: Lecture 2
- Lecutre: 4:00 pm, 601, Zhiyuan Building
- Final Presentation
- Code Review 2
- Code Review 1
- Grading Policy
- JDBC Taste
- Fatworm Simple Tester
|4||3.19||Lecture 1||JDBC Taste|
|5||3.26||Lecture 2||Logical Plan|
|8||4.18||Mid-term Code Review|
|9||4.25||Lecture 3.1,Lecture 3.2||Physical Scan and Later|
|15||6.6||End-term Code Review|
- Fatworm.g Please rename it to Fatworm.g (It works on antlr-3.4-complete)
- Database System Implementation (13.5~13.9, 14.1~14.2, 15, 16)
- Database Management: A System Approach Using Java
- Database Systems: The Complete book
- Fatworm Backend Lecture Spring 2011
- Fatworm Implementation Lecture Spring 2012
- Database Introduction
- Query Engine